Mesdan AQUALAB: Innovative instrument
based on low frequency microwave technology
Mesdan-Lab - a division of
MESDAN Spa, Italy - has recently introduced AQUALAB, an
innovative instrument based on low-frequency microwave
technology designed for an instantaneous and accurate assessment
of moisture regain, moisture content and commercial weight in
This instrument allows high volume control of moisture
throughout every stage of the textile chain. Some of the main
features of AQUALAB are as under:
- Sample weighting not required in this case.
- Extremely fast as the instrument requires just a
few seconds for each test.
- Perfect correlation with the traditional oven-drying
system (Delta 0,999).
- Non-destructive method as no material is wasted.
- Maintenance free, no parts wear.
- No calibration needed.
- Low energy consumption (only 0.1Kwh versus 8Kwh of a
traditional regain oven).
- Very simple operation, no technical skill required to
- ITMF and ICCTM recognized.
- IWTO Accreditation under process.
MESDAN will be exhibiting the Aqualab equipment at Hall 1,
stand C24, together with other laboratory instruments, like
Burstmatic (pneumatic fabric bursting tester), and Airtronic
Plus (fabric air permeability tester), and the full line of yarn
joining devices. Mesdan is represented in Pakistan by Madhani